12/26/2008

Goodbye to 2008


2009 - THE YEAR OF THE QUILTER!

I feel like I lost a good 6 months in 08. So I plan to try to make up for it in 09. Here are some of my goals:




  • Finish at least 2 of my Mom's quilts

  • Finish & deliver quilts to all 5 grandkids, this really is a reasonable goal as 3 need binding, 1 put together & 1 started from scratch.

  • Make my oldest DD's 2nd wedding quilt. She just had her 4th anniversary, I think she's still using the quilt from the 1st round. Hope she took the label off!

  • Finish at least 5 UFO's.

  • Organize my Embroidery Design files & transfer to new computer, I'm up to the F's!! I don't even want to know how many designs I have.

  • Decide on Christmas early & have it 90% finished by Nov 1st!

  • Walk the dog's at least 5 times a week.

  • Make & donate several quilts to Quilts of Valor. This is special to me as my son Travis is on his 2nd tour in Iraq right now.

  • Finish Travis's R,W & B quilt for his return home this summer.

I think I better stop there & see how thing's go!


Here's hoping you have to pick lot's of little thread scraps off your clothes in 2009!

Have you ever wondered just how far our creative talents go. Take a look!
http://www.quiltersofsc.org/artfullbras/artfullbras.htm

1 comment:

SueR said...

You have lots of good things planned for 2009, and I hope you make all your goals. Didn't know your son was in Iraq, and a summer homecoming will be wonderful. I think I'd finish that quilt first! Happy New Year!