3/26/2009

More Quilt Tops off to the quilter


Sorry I've been so quiet lately. I received a call from my quilting cousin last week. She was coming through NV on her way to Idaho & if I could meet her in Wells NV she had 4 of my quilts finished & could pick up some more! Well I had Joey's flannel quilt ready to go & I found backing for the Judy L. Stash Challenge quilt so it went into the pile. And all I needed to do was piece the backing for the King size "Somewhere in Time" BOM I did last year, so that makes 3. But what I really wanted was to finish the Red, White & Blue top using some blocks of my mothers as a Quilt of Valor - Welcome home quilt for my son Travis. He's due back from his 2nd tour in Iraq in the middle of April & will be flying out here on May 7th. I can't wait to see him, it been so long! I took Mom's blocks & made 15 chain type blocks & added 1 pieced & 3 fabric borders to make it bed size. I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I know it has hearts in it but my Mom & her quilt guild made those blocks, So they will be special to my Marine son, who is very family orientated!

And what did I get back. 2 of my Mom's Legacy of Quilts I'm finishing for her Grand kids, my Grandson Damon's quilt & a lap quilt I pieced about 10 years ago. I'll get pictures of these later. I also got the binding on the Judy L. Shadow Star quilt & my granddaughters Marys, Purple & Pink Disappearing Nine Patch Quilt. So it was a very productive week here in very windy, snowy NV. Perfect weather to finishing up the 2 Quilts of Valor tops I'm sending to Debra at Debra's Design Studio for quilting!

4 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

I absolutely love the quilt you (and your mom) made for Travis! He will know there was plenty of love in it with those hearts.

Busy, busy!!

Alycia said...

Love the quilt! He will be excited when he gets home!!

SueR said...

You got tons of things done this week, and your son's quilt is beautiful. You must be overjoyed your son is coming home. Is he home for good?

Robin said...

What a beautiful quilt! I'm sure he will love it- anyone would!