4/23/2009

Missing in Action



I'm not sure were the last month went, but it sure went their fast! So what have I accomplished? I got our taxes finished with 2 days to spare. I got the flu & it hung around for over a week. I finished 1 of the 2 Quilts of Valor tops on my April finish it list. I got the binding on a quilt I started way back around 2000. I've brushed enough fur out of our 3 Akita's to make yarn for several sweaters. It doesn't sound like much but that's about all the energy I've had.

But in the good news department My son is back in the states from his 2nd tour of duty in Iraq!! He will be flying out here on May 7th & staying for 3 weeks. I see very little of him or my oldest daughter that's in the Navy. Hopefully she'll get to fly out this summer!

Things I never got around to blogging about: I had my 4o - something B-Day at the end of March. My husband found me a Singer Feather Weight in a Junk store in Idaho that's in really good shape. Now I can go the the local quilting group & sew. I hated packing up my big machines so usually I would either take hand work or just visit. My 2nd daughter gave me a really nice plant in a special pot & shampooed the carpets & my 2 military kids remembered to call! My friend Jill sent me a wonderful packet of Batiks, a pattern & Charm pack to start the pattern with & a challenge to make something with the batiks!


Oh and this is my 100 post!! So check back in a day or so because I'm having a giveaway to celebrate! And there will be several really great quilty gifts!!!

No comments: