5/31/2009

2 more of Mom's UFO's done!

The local quilt guild invited me to all night quilting party last Friday. I'm not much of a night owl anymore but I managed to stayed until 11. Way past my bedtime! I knew that sewing space would be tight so I brought 2 of my Mom's UFO's that just needed the binding sewn down. That way I could sew & visit & not mess anything up. Everyone had a good time & I finished both bindings & ate way to much great food. I didn't think to bring a camera. Oh well, just picture a bunch of women with food on there shirts from eating & talking to much & with thread & fabric scraps everywhere. That would be us!

1st quilt - Mom's Southwest Pinwheel, going to my niece Leah.

2nd - Mom's Paper Pieced Flower Garden - going to my sister Karen
Just 4 more quilts & 1 wall hanging to go!!

4 comments:

SueR said...

Wow, you've been really busy lately! More finishes, way to go! Lots of work in that paper pieced garden. How many more quilts of your mom's do you have to finish?

Unknown said...

You have been so busy how inspiring.

Millie said...

Wow you were busy. Love the 2 new finishes...your mom's garden quilt is gorgeous.

Judy D in WA said...

Isn't if fun getting those UFOs marked off the list??? I just finished my flower garden on Sunday and was quite surprised when I saw yours. I love that design.