1/01/2012

First Project of 2012, a Quick & Easy Comfort Quilt

Before my daughter was deployed, she asked if I could make a Comfort Quilt for the wife of one of the Airmen in her unit. She has cancer & is not doing well. With Christmas & my grand kids visiting it was just to hectic. So today I played in EQ, using a floral print & 5 coordinating print to come up with a pleasing, very fast lap quilt. This pattern would work with any medium to large print fabric. I pulled all these from my stash today. I have batting. So the only thing I might have to buy is Flannel for the back. I'll play with the color arrangement some, but I'm pretty happy with the design. So what do you think?? It should finish to 58" x 70". Please ignore the funky colors. I just grabbed in EQ. I'm to lazy to scan my fabrics in!
Updated the picture. Colors are still off but placement is better

2 comments:

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

It's looking good Teresa! I can't wait to see it finished.

SueR said...

Looks good, and it should be quick to put together. I love the photo of your son and daughter in the sidebar!