11/06/2009

Quilt Top Finishes


Thought I would share these quilt top's as I'll be sending them out to be quilted & I most likely won't see them again until spring. Sorry about my picture quality, I'll do better next time.
The 1st top is # 6 of 8 of my mother's unfinished projects. I'm calling it Plaid Monkey Wrench. It's 77x97". The blocks were a friendship exchange with the Lemhi Piecemakers quilt guild. This one is going to my daughter #2.
Autumn Bears Tracks (my name for it) was an Internet project I started earlier in the spring. Judy Laquidara at Patchwork Times designed it. I believe she is selling the pattern now as "Bears in the Farmhouse". I enlarged it to 90x90 & slightly changed to a pieced border. This one is going in my guest room.

And the 3rd top I'm calling The Rose Sampler, was another of Mom's UFO's. This was a Block of the Month from a quilt shop. Mom started it 10 years ago. It came with all the fabric. It originally had 12 blocks But I redesigned it to better fit a queen bed. It's 97" square. This one is going to daughter #1.
I'm working on the last of Mom's UFO's, quilt # 8, now. I really want all Mom's tops done this year so next year I can work on my own UFO's... I used Electric Quilt to design the layouts on all Moms quilts. I just love that program!

4 comments:

Judy Laquidara said...

Love your bears and what you did with the border. Your border looks great.

Debra Dixon said...

Really super tops! You have worked so hard this year to get these done--congrats!

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

Your quilt tops look great! You're almost done, yea!!! Can't wait to see them quilted.

Rose Marie said...

Wonderful, wonderful quilts! EQ6 is a great program to work with.