1/23/2010

Making Quilts with Leftovers


My daughter has a friend that was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer before Christmas. She will be starting Chemo soon so we wanted to get a lap quilt done ASAP. She likes very soothing colors with everything matching, not scrappy looking at all so I pulled a stack of 1/2 sq. triangles leftover from a sampler quilt I made many years ago. And even found a lot of the coordinating fabrics. I don't consider this a UFO because to original quilt was finished... Just leftovers!

3 comments:

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

Really beautiful quilt, Teresa. I remember that fabric. Hope all is good with you guys and that your snow is melting.

Debra Dixon said...

It looks you and your daughter designed a quilt perfect for the friend. Very soothing.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Very sweet quilt Teresa!