12/11/2011

The Cowboy Christmas Room

We have 5 horses & our 3 youngest grand kids have always called Dale their Cowboy Grandpa. No visit is complete without lot's of horseback riding. I've been collecting Cowboy & western Christmas decorations for awhile now. And this year the dining room was the Cowboy room according to the G Kids!
This little mini Santa was a beginners project to learn Foundation Paper Piecing. His finished size is 7x9".

The Christmas Star wall quilt is one of my original patterns from when I was still teaching quilting classes in Montana. The little stockings were some my oldest daughter made for my parents when she was around 14 or so. I found & glued on her poor eye! And here's our the little cowboy tree...
This is a quilt I made, while still in Montana. It's always been 1 of my favorites. I believe the pattern was in an older McCall's Quick Quilt mag.


And this guy is probably the only UFO I'll get finished this year & he wasn't even on my list. My mother bought him as a Mary Maxim kits # 80025-03, who knows how many years ago. Only change I made was to not use the fake hair & beard.
So are you all madly sewing away in the hopes of finishing before the big day!! Jill?? :)





1 comment:

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

You know me too well, Teresa. I'm making good progress and should finish! You decorating looks so great! I'm loving finding posts from you so often!!!!